Friday, January 01, 2010

Reasons for School

Recreating Knatz.com / Teaching / Society / NoHier / Deschool /

Reasons for Kleptocracy's Compulsory Schooling
That is to say:
Reverse Engineering School's True Purpose
(Not Swallowing the Reasons Offered by the Managers)

Deschooling Society detailed a host of reasons modern secular societies have compulsory schooling (Ivan Illich, 1970). In 1970 I found his reasons to be as encyclopedic as I could imagine. Since then I've been adding my own reasons as well as expanding on his. Illich's book was published, became a best seller. My offer to actualize what he was proposing received next to no support, only one of my articles was published, what I published online from the 1990s onward got sabotaged and censored following my arrest in 2006. First Knatz.com, then its deschooling spin-off, InfoAll.org, listed my "reasons" for schooling (a list very unflattering to kleptocratic civilization). I mean to transfer all that to this InfoAll blog. Additionally I began a data base for such reasons in the mid-1990s. That too must be sorted through. And of course I think of new reasons regularly.

I believe I should first put up all that I can: then edit them down, extract the essence: maybe edit them way-down.

Reasons: Halter, my next post, in another few seconds, will not though begin with Knatz.com's published reasons, but rather with an analogy I hadn't used previously:


But never forget, Ivan Illich and I, Paul Knatz, offered the world a way out: cybernetic community information networks, a public- (not government-) internet. You, the public, didn't pay for the infrastructure (you let your saints starve, as usual, you didn't get it).

Illich and I get sandbagged. He's dead, I soon will be. But we're wrapped in Jesus' arms. (Guess where we'll see "you"!)



First, all institutions have one purpose in common:
To Reproduce the Society!
[See the posts Generic & Clone in particular.]

More titles to follow:Magical Misdirection

Imposing Agendas

Civilized Substitutions

Order-Takers

Premature Commitment

Career Fixing

Teacher Dependence

World of Employees

The Medium Is The Message

pk's Law of Conservation: the Part on Promotion

Follow the Magician's Lead

The Rabbis Test Jesus

Rehearsal for Group Illusion

Power Grabbing State

Promote Compliance

Manage (Homeostatic) Promotions

Hobble Honesty

Klockwork Kulture: School as an Industrial Artifact

Fodder for Kleptocracy

Managed Magic

Orthodoxy

Public Arrogance

To Condition Belief

Cottom's Useless, Clueless

Confusing Education

Institutional Purpose: Generic

Disestablish the Individual

Confidence Game

Intimidate

Inure to Absurdity

School Purpose: Notes

Bad Software

Majority Delusion

Mold Perception

Monopolize Time

Logical Monte

Obedience School

Postpone Adulthood

Institutional Pretense

Public vs. Private

School Purpose: original intros

Regulating Information

Society's Reproductive Organ

Subvert Language

Warp Minds

War Wagon
Those are modules already written and long posted online, then destroyed with federal censorship of pk. Still to be written are themes gathering for decades now in a data base.

No comments: