Wednesday, April 01, 2009

pk Stories: HierCon

My early home page made teaching points, fleshed with illustrative stories, many of them personal stories. Knatz.com's main organizational principle was to distinguish between personal materials and teaching materials though of course most modules mixed both elements. Some teaching sections spun off into their own domains. My DeProfessionalizing / Deschooling materials spun off to InfoAll.org. My information theory spun off to Macroinformation.org. Both of those domains then acquired blogs of the same first name: InfoAll, as here, and Macroinformation (all at blogspot.com). Many a module, from any folder, sported personal stories, but once I began telling personal stories where the initiating motive was to tell the story, however many didactic points I then also made, I put them in the personal section: Knatz.com / Personal / Stories (/ stories subdivisions: youth, college ...)

That's where my school stories went. Then I got arrested. Then the fed court censored my AgainstHierarchy.org. Jailed, my son and family took over my accounts, my internet host emailed bills but my daughter-in-law only paid bills sent by snail mail. The next thing my son knows, all my domains sank without a trace: and he didn't put the theoretically uncensored ones back up! Good Germans avoid the Jews when the brown shirts show up. My 3,000 files evaporated with my business: no more pk science, philosophy ... stories: not online (except where I'd sketched stuff to blogs).

Back home, my computers returned to me a half year later (though my parole officer warned me against trying to remount anything (off the record, of course, no witnesses: kleptocratic intimidations avoid a paper trail.) (Macbeth hired the murderers in secret: of course.), too broke to do anything but yield to the threats, my computers, printers no longer synergizing properly, their system destroyed by the FBI, my DSL gone, out of reach, I restricted my Knatz.com work to preparing future republication. And in doing so I decided that stories, personal or not, about Deprofessionalizing / Deschooling / and Illich conviviality-related subjects belonged in my NoHier and DePro sections of the Teaching division.

I second Illich's recommendation that society deprofessionalize itself in general as a part of weaning itself from compulsory schooling. We shouldn't tolerate coerced education, we shouldn't tolerate the state telling us which services we must subscribe to or which services we may not subscribe to. You want to go to a doctor, an AMA member, go ahead, who's stopping you? But if you want to go to a shaman, or a midwife ... or a snake oil salesman ... that should also be your right. Organizations who disapprove can warn you, but they shouldn't be able to stop you. If the deracinated hip surgeon is driving a taxi in Manhattan, why shouldn't you let him work on your hip? Why should you need official permission? Officials should mind their own business. That is: rightly, officials have no proper business!

I've now transferred my personal school stories from Knatz.com/ Personal/ Overview / Training / School Stories to Knatz.com / Teaching / NoHier/DePro / Conviviality / School Stories and thence to here: the InfoAll blog. Soon I'll start transferring church stories, army stories. Today though I want to tell a previously untold story. It's about my late girl friend, Catherine; but it concerns the unconscionable health care she got when terminal. The next post will tell it: for the first time.

2011 06 22 I'm moving all deschooling (and other) posts to pKnatz blog: school stories first.

No comments: